Pies to Make and Take To Any Office Christmas Party
Being asked to bring a pie to a Christmas party is a nice compliment. Apparently, the host or hostess has great confidence in your culinary talents, so you must present a magnificent Christmas pie. The choices for what pie to take are as varied as can be, so choose cleverly.
The following suggestions might offer motivation to reach far back into the pantry for those extra-choice ingredients that will create a splendid Christmas pie.
This is a fun flashback to the past. Creamsicles were ice cream treats sold in the 20th Century and were a delicious combination of orange sherbet surrounding a core of vanilla ice cream. (A truly luscious and fun treat!) The Dreamsicle Pie is just that — luscious and fun — and it’s simple to make.
Directions for Dreamsicle Pie:
- Combine one (3 oz.) package of orange Jell-O with a (room temperature) 8 oz. package of cream cheese; beat well, then add 1 cup of orange juice and 1 small package of instant vanilla pudding.
- Whip this into the cream cheese mix.
- Fold in 2 cups whipped topping, and then scoop it into a cookie or graham-cracker crumb crust.
- Cover with cling wrap and refrigerate until firm, at least two hours.
Havarti Party Quiche:
This is a great potluck or office party pie, it has great flavor and bakes into a pleasant side dish to offer the guests, and it is easy to transport to the party. It goes together very quickly and has a classy, gourmet touch because of the Havarti cheese and uncommon wild rice base. Any cook can make this delicious pie because it’s made with a mix and a frozen pie shell.
Ingredients for Havarti Party Quiche:
- 1-frozen deep-dish pie shell (thaw and prick the thawed crust with a fork and pre-bake for 6 minutes at 400oF before using.)
- 1 box of Uncle Ben’s Wild Rice mix, prepared according to package directions.
- ½ cup of finely cut green onions
- ½ cup of diced bell peppers, in a mix of colors.
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ tbsp. mustard
- 4 well beaten eggs
- 1 ½ cups shredded Havarti cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Directions for Havarti Party Quiche:
- Stir the ingredients together in a medium sized bowl to combine.
- Pour into the par-baked pie shell, place in a preheated 350oF oven and bake until nicely browned on top and a knife blade inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. This (Christmas) Quiche can be served hot or cold.
No doubt there will be children at a lot of the Christmas parties so make a pie that they will love. Most kids love peanut butter so why not tempt them with a quick and easy, no-bake peanut butter pie? Here it is!
Nutty Peanut Butter Pie
Ingredients for Nutty Peanut Butter Pie: (for two pies)
- 1 package of Nutter-Butter cookies, made into crumbs and pressed into a 9-inch pie plate
- 16 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup smooth or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- One 8 oz. tub of Cool-Whip, thawed
- 4 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, chopped into small chunks
- Hershey’s chocolate syrup
Directions for Nutty Peanut Butter Pie:
- Mix the first five ingredients together on low speed of an electric mixer. Add Cool-Whip and fold gently, then stir in the candy chunks.
- Scoop into the cookie crust and smooth the top.
- Cover with cling-wrap and put in the freezer and allow at least 2 hours for the pie to set up.
- Cut into child-sized pieces and serve with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Christmas parties are always a good time to pull out all the stops and make the party a celebration with fabulous food. So – if you are asked to “bring a pie” just whip up one of these Christmas pies for an enchanting, dramatic presentation.