Archive for the ‘Christmas Hot Chocolate’ Category
CHRISTMAS HOT CHOCOLATE for GROWN – UPS
For Christmas when it snowing outside and the fire is crackling inside this hot chocolate is a lovely way to end a busy day. This is a rich and warming brew of good chocolate fortified with coffee liqueur.
Ingredients for CHRISTMAS HOT CHOCOLATE:
- 4 squares (4 oz/125 g) Semisweet Chocolate* 4
- 2 squares (2 oz/50 g) Unsweetened Chocolate* 2
- 2 tablespoons granulated Sugar 25mL
- 1 ½ cups boiling Water 375mL
- 1 cup Milk 250mL
- 1 cup light Cream 250mL
- ½ cup Coffee Liqueur (Kahlúa or Tia Maria) 125mL
TOPPING for CHRISTMAS HOT CHOCOLATE:
- ½ cup whipping cream, whipped 125mL
METHOD for CHRISTMAS HOT CHOCOLATE:
Place chocolate and sugar in heavy saucepan. Add boiling water; stir over medium heat until chocolate is completely melted. Add milk and light cream. Stir with whisk over medium heat until completely smooth and very hot but not boiling. Add liqueur. Serve in small cups with spoons. Top each serving with whipped cream. Makes 6 servings.
*Six ounces (175 g) of good – quality Swiss bittersweet chocolate may be used to replace the semisweet and unsweetened chocolate.